International Journal of Higher Education Management (IJHEM))
Statement of editorial policies
The IJHEM is a scholarly and refereed journal that provides an authoritative source of information for scholars, academicians, and professionals in the fields of Higher Education Management. The journal promotes the advancement, understanding, and practice of teaching and learning. Manuscripts offering theoretical, conceptual, and practical contributions are encouraged.
Aims of the Journal
IJHEM is a peer reviewed journal and is a research publication platform for international scholars. Their research can be in any aspect teaching & learning covering the interests of developed and emerging countries alike. The Journal seeks to reach a worldwide readership through print and electronic media. The main aims of the Journal are:
- Publish high quality and scholarly empirical based research papers, case studies, reviews in all aspect of teaching & learning, education management and leadership with theoretical underpinnings.
- Offer academics, practitioners and researchers the possibility of having in depth knowledge and understanding of the nature of teaching and learning practices and.
- Create a forum for the advancement of education management research for the High Education sector.
Scope of the Journal
- Our philosophy is to map new frontiers in emerging and developing education management areas in research, industry and governance, and to link with centres of excellence world-wide to provide authoritative coverage in specialist fields
- Our goal is to foster and promote innovative thinking in higher education management fields. We collaborate with numerous fields rather than segment into specific areas of research. Hence, our objectives are to build new links, networks and collaborations between the global communities of researchers in order to stimulate and enhance creativity.
- Our continued success lies in bringing together research dimensions to encourage industry and public sector growth throughout the world. Thus, research on global higher education management are highly within the areas of our interest. Similarly, expert opinions and professional commentaries are also published in order to set collaborative directions for the future researchers.
- CBER therefore prides itself in ensuring the high quality and professional standards expected of its journals by pursuing a full double-blind refereeing process for all articles submitted to it for publication.
- Educational policy and Policy impacts on education
- Education and andragogy
- Management of education and Relations between lecturers and students
- Psychology of education, Psychology of student and teacher/lecturer
- Quality of education and Improvement method
- Global education and Its challenges and opportunities
- E-teaching/E-learning, Educational software and multimedia for education
- Teacher education
- Distance education and Education quality
- Methodology of educational research, Adult and continuing education
- Disruptive change Innovation in HE
- Special education, Gender, diversity and difference, Vocational education· Assessment processes and mechanisms
- Academic advising and counselling
- Innovative teaching and Learning methodologies; Multi-virtual environment
- Application of educational technology
- Education history
- Innovative teaching and Learning methodologies
- Education reforms and Practical teaching reform
- Application of educational technology
- Language Education, Listening and acoustics in education environment
- Multi-virtual environment
- Interactions between enterprise and education
Formal conditions of acceptance
- Papers will only be published in English.
- Each manuscript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been submitted for publication elsewhere in English.
- Previous presentation at a conference, or publication in another language, should be disclosed.
- All papers are refereed, and the Chief Editor reserves the right to refuse any manuscript, whether on invitation or otherwise, and to make suggestions and/ormodifications before publication.
- IJHEM only accepts and publishes articles for which authors have agreed to release under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CCAL) version “CC BY 3.0”. Please note that authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, and reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles in IJHEM, so long as the original authors are source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
- IJHEM shall furnish authors of accepted papers with proof for the correction of printing errors. The proof shall be returned within 14 days of receiving the suggested corrections. IJHEM shall not be held responsible for errors which are the result of authors' oversights
- IJHEM is committed to publish all full text articles online for immediate open access to readers and there is no charge to download articles and editorial comments for their own scholarly use.
Peer review process
- IJHEM places great emphasis on the quality of the articles it publishes; and therefore, a full double - blind reviewing process is used in which:
- Subject to the condition that the paper submitted is in line with the guidelines provided for authors the editor will review its suitability given the aims and objectives of the journal.
- If the outcome is positive the paper will be sent for blind reviews to two reviewers.
- Decision will be taken as to the acceptability of the paper on the basis of the recommendation of the reviewers.
- Should further revision be found necessary it will be communicated to the author accordingly.
- Based on the outcome of above the date of publication will be decided and acceptance letter to be issued to the author(s).
- For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised article is acceptable.