Higher education institutions, structural changes, entrepreneurship:social business
This research article aims to tackle the many challenges that the academic communities all over the country should face and resolved with reference to several items such as the introduction into new methodologies. The strategies to overcome our weakness and the facilities which should be made available to become highly competitive and therefore to contribute to our nation and citizens. The main ideas discussed in this article are the result of several decades of doing both research and lecturing for both undergraduate and the postgraduate levels.
For a rather long period of time, we have been through a critical state and in a short period of time, senior professors and the whole academic staff have been working online and several crucial activities have shown a growing state of deterioration. Some experimental activities have been declared non-essential due to this biological crisis and therefore, these duties will have to be redefined soon. In agreement with the above reflections, we may anticipate the need for a new strategy and methodology to fulfil the requirements to achieve the knowledge and experience needed to become a highly qualify professional and /or a member of the academic community in all the levels of the undergraduate and postgraduate studies. In the first place, we must be aware of our weakness and strengths. Once the problems have been defined clearly, the next step of our article will be based upon the evidence at our disposal. Chile as a country, for a rather long time, has based its economy on exporting minerals (metallic and non-metallic) and non-renewable resources.
The above-mentioned strategy adopted by the country for many decades, has proved to be the wrong approach when compare with the status of developed countries in the United States of America, Europe, and Asia. We must, then proceed to a complete change of paradigm. We have formidable challenges in front of us and it is our main duty to deal with this rather complex scenario. As a result, we need to include in this research article some additional items such the direction of new studies, some implications, and contributions to illustrate the readers with a more precise and comprehensive approach. In our view, we must move from the stage of diagnosis to that of the action to reach a reasonable position in the world economy. Without any doubt a highly qualified and well recognized of education is a key factor in our approach. Finally, but not at last, we discuss the concepts of innovation and entrepreneurship for our students and professionals
Full Text : PDF
- Acevedo, R., Jordan, M., & Inostroza, A, O. (2018). Chile´s Education Crisis. Part 5 of a country study and references there. International Journal of Education and Social Sciences., 5(3), 6-11. www.ijessnet.com
- Acevedo,R., Tanner,P.A., Meruane,T., & Poblete,V. (1996). Vibronic intensities in the absorption spectra of Yb(+3). Phys.Rev B, 54, 3976-3988.
- Alamos, D., Valenzuela,B., Soto-Bubert,A., & Acevedo,R. (Jan-July de 2020). Chilean Export of Lithium Carbonate. Production Chain and Market Variable. Frontiers in Recent Materials, 1(1), 1-16.
- Altamirano,L., Soto-Bubert,A., Muñoz,V., & Acevedo,R. (2020). Experimental Study Recovery Potassium by leaching a mixture salt Halita-Silvita, using saturated brine Halite agent leached like. 1(1), 17-26.
- Bertalananffy,L.Von. (1972). The History and Status of General System Theory. The academy of Management, 15(4), 407-426.
- Blyston,R. (2006). The Scientific Method. CBE Life Science Education, 5, 7-11.
- Bosch,P., Soto-Bubert,A., & Acevedo,R. (2020). Feasibility for Network Flows with Blending Constraints: Applications to Lithium Mining. Indian Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics., 11(1), 12-30. doi:10.5958/1945-919X.2020.00002.X
- Burdick,G.W., Jayasankar,C.K, Richardson,F.S., & Ried,M.F. (1994). Energy-level and line-strength analysis of optical transitions between Stark levels in Nd(+3):Y(3)Al(5),O(12). Phys.Rev B, 50, 16309-16325.